It’s important in life to be grounded and can be used any time. It’s even more important before we make any type of spiritual connection or communication that we follow a few steps.
This first step is all about being grounded and what that means and why we must do this. In the next blog, I will discuss Psychic Protection.
The image on this blog is of a huge tree who has been standing tall and firm for many years. The roots of the tree go deep within the ground and keep the tree stable and stop it from falling over. The foundations that it sits upon are solid.
Before we reach out to the spiritual realm which consists of the Angels and our loved ones that have passed over, we must ensure that our bodies and mind are just like this tree.
- If we are not truly balanced, then you may experience some of the following things:
- Dropping items or knocking things over. The number of times I have knocked or dropped cutlery and really didn’t know how I did it
- Being sensitive or over sensitive to people and your surroundings.
- Having trouble getting your point of view across or finding that you are becoming more agitated
- A feeling of being unwell
Of course, if you experience some of these things for a few weeks, we always advise seeking medical advice, as they could be related to something else. If after having a checkup you still feel the same, the following few easy steps may help to eliminate this.
How to Ground Yourself
- Firstly find a comfortable spot to sit and some leg room
- Close your eyes and sit with your feet together
- Imagine that you are the tree above the ground and below is the earth and your roots
- Next, visualise the roots beneath your feet going deeper and deeper into the ground, which will enable you to be solid and firm
- Wrap all the roots around a large crystal below the surface and tie them together and then pull. As you pull the roots and crystal are secured beneath the ground
- You are now fully grounded
Other Ways To Enhance And Stay Grounded
- Going for a walk, especially in places that have fields, trees and flowers, helps keep you connected to the earth
- Drinking lots of water will help to keep the body and mind hydrated. It can also help to flush away any toxins and keeps our vital organs and bloodstream cleansed
- Clapping of hands, this expels any negative energies from you
- Clapping in each corner of a room also removes negative energy
- Using crystals, carry them with you or wear them as a piece of jewellery, Jaspar and Smoky Quartz are good for Grounding, we will explore crystals and their benefits another time
Grounding is very quick and easy. When you wake up in the morning, sit on your bed and ground yourself then. It will set you up for the day
Each time you want to connect to an Angel or Spirit Ground yourself
If you are a practitioner and work as a healer, ground yourself everytime you meet a client